My team at work was been slogging through a huge project for the past few months and, as product launch approaches, I’ve really come to depend on my iPod. For the past few weeks, I have been listening to some of the tracks and albums below as I crank out code.
Don’t Need to be in the Coding Zone
Interesting lyrics, a break down, and little distractions are OK.
- “Dance Yrslf Clean,” This is Happening, LCD Soundsystem
- “AM 180,” Under the Western Freeway, Grandaddy
- “Lucid Dreams,” Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand
- An Awesome Wave, Alt-J
- “T.O.R.N.A.D.O,” Rolling Blackouts, The Go! Team
- Live & Rare, Rage Against the Machine
- “Korobeiniki,” The Doubble Donkey Disc, Ozma
- Record Collection, Mark Ronson & The Business Collective
Need to be in the Coding Zone
Few lyrics, fluid transitions between tracks, and provides a distraction-free cocoon of sound.
- Since I Left You, The Avalanches
- The Terror, The Flaming Lips
- Further, The Chemical Brothers
- Alive 2007, Daft Punk
- Rock Action, Mogwai
- Nuove Musiche, Rolf Lislevand
- Le Dernier Conzert De Zino Francescatti, Zino Francescatti, Itzhak Perlman
- Barber: Adagio for Strings, Leonard Bernstein, New York Philharmonic
More Resources for Your Listening Pleasure
- turntable.fm <– Check out the music for programming room